3.14.2011

H&M loves Bloggers

For the very first time H&M will partner with a blogger to create a fashion line. Lucky Elin Kling, a Swedish fashion blogger who has been running her award winning "Fashion by Kling" style blog,  has created a line of nine garments and two accesories for H&M that launched in Sweden this past February.

H&M is no stranger to collaborations. They have had Karl Largerfeld and Lanvin's Elber Albaz design collections to be sold in their stores and now Elin Kling can add her name among them.


Looks from Elin Kling's H&M Line

I think this just shows how popular bloggers really are. Consumers and brands alike are sitting up and listening to what bloggers have to say and noticing the influence they have among their peers. It's the plain truth, in this technological age I'm 1,000 times more likely to pop online and read a review of a product than I am to go to the store and see it for myself. I trust my sources, and apparently the rest of the world does too because bloggers are twice as likely to make a product sell faster than a magazine print ad. SHOCKER.

It's a crazy world, where a swedish bloggers name can sell clothes just as quickly as Lanvin or Karl Lagerfeld. I think more companies are going to be asking bloggers to become brand partners as they realize how valuable their voices are. I mean I'll design a collection with you H&M, if you're reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment